We believe that God is in the city. Therefore, we are not bringing God to the city, we are coming alongside where God is already at work. Mission Year emphasizes a philosophy of mutuality in missions. Our mission is to not only serve others, but allow ourselves to learn, grow, and be transformed through our encounters with God and others in the city. Learning to see where God is at work in the people and places where you serve is just as important as any service work you actually perform.
During our week-long mission trips, called Mission Year Justice trips, participants will explore the values of Mission Year and reflect on ways to incorporate them into their daily lives back home. Mission Year values are:
- Spiritual Discipleship
- Authentic Community
- Community Service
- Passionate Worship
- Neighborhood Engagement
- Simple Living
- Diversity and Reconciliation
- Justice and Peace
What happens on a Mission Year Justice Trip?
We offer an experience for any person, church or college group to experience the Mission Year lifestyle! During the week you will:
- Spend time connecting intimately with God both in the morning and evening.
- Join in with what God is doing at local service organizations and ministries.
- Spend a day on an Urban Solitude experience to gain God’s heart for people.
- Engage in evening sessions of passionate worship and teaching from local leaders on topics such as faith, community, and justice.
Mission Year offers Alternative Spring Break Justice Trips and Summer Justice Trips. The cost for the Mission Year Justice Trip is $250 per person, and includes safe and secure lodging with bath & showers, as well as all meals and program..
Additional dates may be available. For more information, or to register a group, fill out the contact form below.
City locations include: Atlanta, Chicago, and Philadelphia.